Saturday, May 14, 2011

Floating

9 x11 inches Prismacolors on White Stonehenge

 I took the reference photo for this painting last summer at Playa Coromuel.  This is the beach closest to the city where many families spend Saturday and Sunday in summer.  A women was just floating, eyes closed, holding this hot pink beach ball unaware of the rest of the world.  It was a good photo.

So far,  I have only painted in the head since if that didn't work, the painting wouldn't. Then I began on the background and ball.  I always have doubts at this point in a CP painting.   But, posting both successes and failures is good, since everyone has them.  I will keep you updated.

Sorry, I am having difficulty getting a good photo.  It appears too pink.  I believe that it will be better once all the water is in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment