Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Part III Orchid Triptych: Oncidium


This one is moving along without many problems.  I think because I work on it when I am at my best, freshest, just waking up with my cup of coffee.  My mind at this stage is still calm and at peace.  It is dark outside, the roosters are crowing, little geckos (lizards) are still making their loud smacking sounds and life hasn't quite begun.  I tend to be very patient, my strokes even and unhurried.  I don't have to remind myself to slow down and concentrate more, like I do when I am tired.  There is definitely something to be said for working when you are the freshest.  Keeping this freshness all day would be lovely.  An elixir?  A daily trip to the Fountain of Youth?   Magic?   NO, I had better stick to working the hour or two after I awake.  To much of a good thing may not be a good thing!

1 comment: