Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bird of Paradise


This is a colored pencil work that I did several years ago, done from a photo taken in my garden. I have been caught up in the holidays and travel these last two months and apologize for my lack of posting.  But, looking at past work always gets me motivated to begin again.  I do feel renewed, looking closely at this painting makes me want to lift my pencils once more.  Breaks like this often make one feel bad, somehow negligent. But in reality they are quite good, as long as you do not fear picking up that pencil or brush again. Oh yes! there is always a bit of trepidation, but that passes as soon as you get into it again. Who knows what this year will bring?  There is so much to learn and with a clear mind and a little motivation the adventure will continue.
Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment